Please note: Posts may contain affiliate links for products we have used or researched. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same and Vintage Info Network will automatically receive a small referral fee. Your support helps to fund this website. Thank you.
These easy-to-make Angel Wings are great for school plays, Halloween costumes, even dress-up.
They could also be used as butterfly wings, fairy wings, bug wings.
Receive more awesome vintage goodness in your in-box, subscribe to our free newsletter HERE.
- Verybest Crepe, 1 fold No. 100 White;
- 1 pc. No. 7 Flower Wire;
- 1 pc. 1/2" white Gift tyying Ribbon.
Wrap two 18" pieces of wire with 1/2" wide strips of crepe paper. (see Tips for Cutting Crepe Paper)
Cut crepe paper 19" wide, 24" long.
Paste one wrapped wire to each 19" edge. Fold edge over 1/2" and paste, arranging so that the paper extends 1/2" beyond the wire at both ends.
Fold in 1/2" accordion pleats. Fasten at middle with thread, Fig. F. While still in tight
pleats, cut ends in semicircle, Fig. F. Cover center fastening with a narrow wrapping of crepe paper.
Sew ribbons to center in crossed position so that they may be brought over shoulders, under arms, crossed in front and tied at back.
Bend wires at center so that wings will open into correct position.
Would you like to make fancier wings? Then check out: How to Make Feather-Like Angel Wings.
Making Feather Wings
Feather wings, such as Cupid wings and angel wings, are made on a foundation of wire bent in the correct shape, or if they are quite large, the foundation is made of cardboard reinforced with wire. When cardboard is used, cut inthe desired shape and then cut out the center, leaving a narrow frame. A wire, shaped to follow the outline of the wing, is fastened to it with tabs of gummed cloth tape (illus. No.1). After the wires are attached, cover the frame smoothly on both sides with crepe paper.
"Feathers" made of rows of pointed petals are pasted to the foundation. The wings are made separately, each one having an extension that bends back and fastens to the other. The wings are sewed to the back of the costume. Large wings, in addition to being sewed, are often tied with narrow ribbons across the chest.
Get the FULL instructions to make these feather-like Angel Wings & the Angel Costume
2 - PDF files, instant download.
Feather-Like Angel Wings & Costume Using Crepe Paper (16 pages)
Crepe Paper Costumes 101: Basic Tips for Making Crepe Paper Costumes (28 pages)
Are you looking for simpler wings to make? Check out: Simple Angel Wings
About this magazine: When Dennison stopped making it's famous "Bogie Books", it started it's Hallowe'en Parties Magazine. Similar to the Bogie Books, it contains all sorts of ideas for Halloween - decorations, games, invitations...etc.
Own your own Digital Edition of this Vintage Hallowe'en Magazine
.PDF file - instant download.
Table of Contents:
A Hocus-Pocus Party - 4
The Black Cat Rupus - 5
Spooky Spots for Hallowe'en - 6
Witching Corners - 7
Hallowe'en Capers - 8
Games for Large Groups - 9
Games and Stunts - 10
Off to the Masquarade - 11
Ghosts and Goblins Flutter and Moan at the Club - 12,13
Table a la Hallowe'en - 14
Bridge Table Mysteries - 15
Presto! Favors - 16
Bewitching Banquets - 17
The Children Celebrate - 18
Games for the "So Big" - 19
Rollicking Ghosts - 20
Party Hits for Autmn Days - 21
Finishing Touches - 22
Forttunes - 23
Dennison's Hallowe'en Party Accessories - 24
.PDF file - instant download.
how to plans - wood working
This is based off of an original plan from the 1940's.
Get the satisfaction of making a cherished game the entire family can enjoy!
- 20+ pages of info.
- I have taken hours upon hours to re-type the instructions so they are easily readable.
- Materials List
- 12 pictures
- I enlarged these black & white photos.
- 7 diagrams
- I also restored and ENLARGED each diagram (this was the most tedious part of all!)
- you are able to print out the plans or even the entire ebook.
- you can enlarge and zoom-in on the diagrams if you would like to.
+ a BONUS mini-ebook - "The Basics of Bowling & How to Keep Score" which includes blank score sheets for you to use.
|Instant Digital Delivery of items (PDF files)These are PDF files which are viewable on any computer (PC or Mac) with the free Adobe Reader.
These plans have been saved as quality PDF files that are easily viewed on ANY computer (PC or Mac) with Adobe Reader which is absolutely free. Here is what you get when you purchase these items: These are PDF files which are viewable on any computer (PC or Mac) with the free Adobe Reader.
About the mini bowling alley game:
- The bowling alley is approximately 6 1/2 feet long X 13 1/2" wide.
- The legs make the bowling alley stand about 26" tall.
- The legs fold down for easy storage - you could even make this a table-top game if you wanted to!
Make this mini bowling alley for yourself, your family or as a gift.
- perfect for kids of all ages
- a nice addition to your game room
- a good "conversation piece"
- GREAT gift for the bowler in your life
- Make your own mini bowling alley for MUCH LESS than what it would cost to buy one.
You can even MAKE MONEY selling these handcrafted bowling alleys!
- People are selling SMALLER mini bowling alleys on ebay for big bucks - this one is LARGER and has collapsible legs !!
FREE BONUS ITEM: The Basics of Bowling & How to Keep Score (PDF file)
- explains how to keep score, striks, spares, doubles, turkeys...etc.
- score sheets are included! Keep track of every strike and enjoy competing with family and friends!