These are easy directions for making a simple pinwheel.
You will need:
- construction paper – approximately 9 inches square (9 in. x 9 in.)
- a straight stick/branch for the handle
- a straight pin to hold the pinwheel onto the handle
First, make the wheel:
- Fold the paper diagonally from one corner to another.
- cut along these diagonals – but DON’T cut through the center of the square.
- Take the corners (A,B,C,D) and place them in the center. Be careful NOT to fold these pieces – they are what will make the pinwheel move in the wind.
- Attach these corners to the center however you wish – with the pin, tape, or glue.
- Use the straight pin to attach your new pinwheel to the handle.
Get more nifty Vintage Crafts in our free newsletter – sign up HERE.
- Experiment with different paper types and even heavy plastics and thin cardboard.
- make pinwheels of various sizes.
- “plant” your pinwheels in a flower bed to make a “pinwheel garden”